Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is Streamy Dreamy?

I want to sit at the helm of a master control panel. Within that panel I want to find my cell phone voicemail and text messages, my landline messages, messages from my three personal email accounts, my work email, my work voicemail, my work Blackberry voicemail, my RSS feeds, my Twitter account, my personal Facebook page, the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts I maintain for others, my Flickr account, my Shutterfly account, my Walgreens photo account, my iTunes, my blog and my personal website. One massive mass-communication dashboard from which I can receive information and to which I can turn it back out.

Despite what my friend Sam says, I’m not aiming to be Big Brother. I just keep forgetting to check my landline voice mail. (Call my cell instead.)

Until the day someone builds my hub, I’m looking for a simple way to tie a YouTube account, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, a blog and a Digg account. I want to be able to post status accounts in one place and send them to Twitter and Facebook. I want to be able to post blog links to Twitter, Facebook and Digg. I want to be able to post YouTube video links to Twitter and Facebook. I want to be able to post YouTube comments to Twitter and Facebook. I want to be efficient in my social information distribution. Is that too much to ask?

I’ve been looking at Streamy. Now that FriendFeed has been absorbed by Facebook, it seems an even more viable alternative. I don’t really need the news side of Streamy, which sounds as if it could be a big side of Streamy. But I haven’t heard of anything more effective for social communication interrelation and distribution.

Have you? What do you use? What do you think?

--Julianne W.

No comments:

Post a Comment